Reminder: please make a plan to cast your ballot for the 2016 General Election today, between 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m., if you haven't voted already. Click here to find your personalized ballot and/or assigned precinct. Please confirm your assigned polling location prior to voting since locations are subject to change.
If you are in possession of a Ballot by Mail, the ballot must be sealed in the provided envelope with a stamp and received by the Harris County Clerk's office by 7:00 p.m. today on Tuesday, November 8th. The ballot can be hand delivered between 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. to 1001 Preston, 4th Floor, #440, Houston, TX 77002. More information on Ballot by Mail can be found here.
Voter Identification Requirements
The following are acceptable forms of identification:
- TX driver's license
- TX personal ID card issued by the DPS
- TX handgun license
- US military ID card w/ photo
- US citizenship certificate w/ photo
- US passport
- Texas Election Identification Certificate issued by DPS
The following are acceptable forms of alternative identification:
- Voter Registration Card
- Voter Registration Certificate
- Utility bill
- Bank statement or paycheck
- Birth certificate (must be original copy)
- Driver's license expired less than four years
- Another government issued document containing a voter's name and address
The proof of identification should be current, though expired forms of identification will be recognized if not more than 4 years past the expiration date. The address on the photo identification does not have to match the address on the list of registered voters. Voters with a disability can apply with the County Registrar for an exemption. If you do not possess an approved form of photo ID, you may apply for an Election Identification Certificate (EIC) at no charge. For more information on EICs please call (512) 424-2600 or click here.
If you do not have any of the IDs listed above, you may still be able to vote with a provisional ballot. For additional details on Voter Identification Requirements, click here.
Voter Protection Resources
- Texas Secretary of State Voter Hotline: 1 (800) 252-VOTE (8683)
Click here to file an election complaint
- Harris County Clerk, Election Information Line: (713) 755-6965
- ACLU Voter Protection Hotline: 1 (877) 523-2792
If you have any questions, please reply to this email.
State Representative, District 148